Signs of a Shifting Foundation
It is often said that a building is only as sturdy as the foundation it rests upon, and really, this statement could not be more true. If your home has a foundation that is unstable, the structure built upon it will have all kinds of problems. In fact, most homeowners recognize a faulty foundation by the things that are changing inside the house, not by examining the foundation.
The faster you handle issue that may require slab foundation repair, the less likely it will be that your home suffers major structural damage. Unfortunately, it is common for homeowners to blame these symptoms on something else entirely. So getting familiar with the common and sometimes-missed symptoms of a
shifting home foundation can be one of the smartest things you ever do.
Changes in the Floor Due to an Uneven Foundation
- The floor has started to bow or sink
- Solid structure floor covering, such as ceramic tile or concrete, is cracking
- The floor no longer meets the baseboards
- There is a change in the levelness of the floor
Wall Damage Due to a Uneven Slab Foundation
- Cracks in the drywall
- Walls that bow or slant inward
- Moisture spots in sheetrock
Other Often-Missed Symptoms of Foundation Trouble
- Suddenly leaking pipes or pipes that no longer align as they should
- Windows and doors that do not open or close properly or get stuck closed
- Hairline cracks that run around the corners of a room
- Shifted HVAC ductwork
- Drafts caused by shifted insulation
Have Your Troubled Foundation Professionally Examined
With even the slightest inkling that your home’s foundation is in trouble, it is wise to have it professionally evaluated. Therefore, keeping tabs on the signs and symptoms could be the key to saving your home from drastic damage because you can get someone to your home as soon as you spot something off. Contact us at AAA Foundation Service to schedule a visit.
0% Financing for 18 Months